Sandy Springs Getting Rid of Apartments?

September 10, 2008 at 3:51 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

A recent study of Sandy Springs home ownership patterns has revealed that 56% of the home are owner-occupied.  That leaves 44% of the homes are rental units. The city wants to reduce the number to what is consistant with the Fulton County – 40%.

The plan is convert more aparment complexes to condos and single family residences (see story in AJC).

I think that this a great idea since it will make the city less transient.  It will also make the local schools stronger.  When an unamed apartment complex was converted, the local school initially lost over 5 busloads of children.  It is a great way to help with the school overcrowding.  On the other hand, where will all these folks go to live and where will Sandy Springs get its labor pool?  These are issues our elected officials will have to deal with over the next few years.

Your thoughts?

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: